AN APPROACH TO MANAGING SAFETY AT THE SHIP TO SHORE INTERFACE
Esso's chemical operations require movement of many products which have safety and environmental risk associated with them. This paper describes the approach the company is taking to manage these risks with particular reference to the ship to shore interface. One programme covering gas shipping safety has been developed to an advanced stage and is described in detail. It is hoped that the paper will stimulate further exchange of the ideas and additional programmes through out the industry aimed at advancing the cause of safe loading and discharge.
- The Proceedings of MariChem 79: Papers presented at the Second International Conference on Marine Transportation, Handling and Storage of Bulk Chemicals, MariChem 79, together with verbatim discussion. Held in Monte Carlo, 6-8 March 1979.
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Wilson, R
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 23-39
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Fires; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Loading and unloading; Marine safety; Maritime safety; Pipe; Protection; Safety; Safety education; Safety programs; Tankers; Tanks (Containers); Transportation; Ventilation systems
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Imco safety regulations; Lng containment systems; Lng piping; Lng safety; Loading procedures; Lpg safety; Tank venting; Tanker discharging; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00314743
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM