ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION (VIENNA ARSENAL). TESTS MADE AT THE ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION IN THE YEAR 1975/76
This is the ninth annual report on the electronic test installation, set up in Vienna jointly by the Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) of the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Austrian Federal Research and Test Institute for data transmission and electronics questions relating to railway engineering. During the year covered by the report the work carried out at the test installation involved 3 subjects: 1) Modem test methods: Type testing started with 9600 bit/s and a new test facility was developed for testing group band modems (60 to 108 kHz). Routine testing with 1200/1600 bit/s was continued and the comparison of modems in section B of the report was extended. 2) Interference measurements for Committee A 103: To obtain a suitable selection of information transmission systems using data lines in moving trains electrical interference was examined on 4 member administrations. The overall report was compiled and a characteristics interference tape was prepared for practical testing of equipment. 3. Testing of automatic track gang warning installations for Committee A 124. A programme of measurements for testing the safety and reliability of such installations was prepared and first type tests were started.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Couplers; Data communications; Interference; Modems
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic warning systems; Data modems; Question az32
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053247
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 32/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM