HIGH-SPEED TESTS OF DB ON THE GUTERSLOH-NEUBECKUM SECTION OF LINE FOR RESEARCH INTO COMPONENTS OF THE OVERHEAD CONTACT SYSTEM/PANTOGRAPH SYSTEM
Tests made by DB for research into the components of the overhead contact system/pantograph system are explained in this technical document. Such tests had been made by DB on the Rheda-Oelde section of high-speed line at speeds up to 250 km/h in 1974. These had served chiefly to test four variants of the overhead contact system for their suitability of being passed at those speeds. The variants of the overhead contact system tested had been of the light type of overhead equipment only, consisting of catenary wire, contact wire and stitch wire, the essential parameters of which (length of span, contact wire tension and catenary wire tension) had been varied.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Bauer, K H
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electrical conductivity; High speed rail; Pantographs; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; Question dt62(A129)
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053242
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 62 (A129)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM