THE RURAL TRANSPORT EXPERIMENTS: A MID-TERM REVIEW
This report describes the background to the Government's program of Rural Transport Experiments (RUTEX) and its organization. There were fifteen experiments, in Devon, North Yorkshire, Dyfed and Strathclyde, each of which incorporated at least one of five unconventional features: community transport; small vehicles; demand-responsive operation; dual-purpose services, and feeder services. The experiments are described in detail, together with results obtained by the end of 1978. A number of tentative conclusions are presented, and the future research program is outlined. (Copyright (c) Crown Copyright 1979.) presented at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne symposium "Efficient Public transport for the 1980's", April 1979 and at the Cranfield Institute of Technology conference "Mobility in Rural Areas", 24-26 April 1979.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02667045
- Also pub. as ISSN-0305-1315.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- BALCOMBE, R J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- Publication of: Transport and Road Research Laboratory
- Publisher: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISSN: 0266-7045
- TRT Terms: Buses; Demand responsive transportation; Demonstration projects; Feeder buses; Level of service; Operations; Paratransit services; Public transit; Rural areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00312665
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL SR492 Monograph
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM