PERMISSIBLE MASSES PER AXLE FOR VEHICLES AS A FUNCTION OF THE WHEEL DIAMETER AND SPEED. VEHICLE MEASUREMENTS TO DEFINE THE PERMISSIBLE MASS PER AXLE FOR WAGONS WITH VERY SMALL WHEELS (DIAMETER LESS THAN 630 MM)
This report contains the results of measurements with the SGP wagon, equipped with wheels of 350 mm diameter, and with the "Rolling road" wagon, equipped with 500 mm diameter wheels. Measurements with the SGP wagon (wheel diameter the of 350 mm) were made simultaneously on the vehicle and on the track, whereas the measurements with the "Rolling road" wagon (wheel diameter of 500 mm) were made on the track only. These tests allow a permissible mass per axle to be proposed for the wheel diameter range of 330 mm 59 630 mm.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Diameter; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Question c113; Small diameter wheels; Wheel diameter
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 113/RP 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM