ADHESION OF LOCOMOTIVES FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THEIR CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION COMPARISON TESTS CARRIED OUT IN NOVEMBER 1975 BETWEEN OBB THYRISTOR LOCOMOTIVE CLASS 1044, AND SBB DIRECT-ENGINE LOCOMOTIVE RE 4/4 III, AND OBB CLASS 1042 WITH RESPECT TO THEIR ERFICIENCY AT THE LIMIT OF ADHESION
This report describes the runs made in November 1975 in Austria for the purpose of comparing an OBB thyristor-controlled locomotive (class 1044) and two different types of locomotives with tap changers and a.c. motor belonging to the SBB (Re 4/4 III) and the OBB (class 1042).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Tests; Thyristors
- Identifier Terms: Osterreichische Bundesbahnen; Schweizerische Bundesbahnen
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b44
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 44/RP 12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM