STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. SPECIFIC SPRING DEFLECTION OF LEAF SPRINGS
The report deals with the mean specific spring deflection C(a), value used for characterising leaf springs and it also contains indications for the determination and practical measurement of this magnitude. A uniform calculation procedure to determine this magnitude, deduced empirically from existing calculation formulae is valid for most of the springs with linear characteristics, as shown during the verification of springs made for this purpose. Furthermore, a relation is revealed between the mean specific spring deflection and the overall spring deflection in the double link suspension and for both numerical value pertaining to the usual spring designs are indicated. The indications concerning springs used in operation may furnish a basis for further investigations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Spring; Suspension systems; Tests; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b12; Spring deflection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 25/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM