INTERACTION BETWEEN VEHICLES AND TRACK. A SURVEY OF CURRENT PRACTICE CONCERNING TRACK PARAMETERS AND VIEWS ON THEIR INFLUENCE ON VEHICLE RIDING
The report contains the results of a preliminary enquiry into: the currently used types of rail, rail inclinations, track gauges and wheel tread profiles; the studies made and experience gained regarding the riding stability of vehicles and the wear phenomena on wheelset and rail.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Gage (Rails); Motor vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Train track dynamics; Wear; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c116; Track gauge; Wheel treads
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053232
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C116/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM