TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE TRAIN LINE. ANALYSIS OF INTERFERENCE VOLTAGES ON INFORMATION CIRCUITS IN TRAINS
At the request of the A 130 Specialists Committee, a measuring team of Vienna Arsenal Research Institute investigated, in 1974 and 1975, interference voltages on information circuits in moving trains on the systems of four European railways (FS, DB, PKP and SNCF). The interference voltages on information circuits, both on the information circuits through the automatic coupler and on the UIC loudspeaker circuit, were investigated regarding their effect on planned transmission systems using these circuits. Level conditions, frequency of occurrence and frequency distribution of the interference voltages, with different traction systems, are given in this report. Also, some results of experimental data transmission are included for comparison. In addition, test runs made by DB in the Munich area served to determine error rates on the basis of a transmission of data.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Couplers; Data communications; Interference; Positive train control; Railroads
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Polskie Koleje Panstwowe; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Question a103
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A103/RP3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM