OPTIMUM ADAPTATION OF THE CONVENTIONAL TRACK TO FUTURE TRAFFIC. INVESTIGATION OF THE MAINTENANCE WORK CONTRIBUTIONS FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF TRACK SUPERSTRUCTURE
This report gives an account of numerous observations made on the Swedish Railways. It deals with the relationship between traffic and level and alignment, as well as with the effect of the associated work on the maintenance operations for different types of track. The results of the investigations seem to show, among other things, that less maintenance work is needed: with concrete sleepers than with soft wooden sleepers, with concrete sleepers of the mono-block type than with concrete sleepers of the two-block type, and with hard wood sleepers than with concrete sleepers. It should be observed however that the maintenance work carried out on a high quality track sometimes results in a decrease in this quality.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Concrete; Concrete ties; Maintenance; Maintenance of way; Quality control; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Tests; Wood ties
- Identifier Terms: Statens Jarnvagar
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d117; Track alignment; Track quality; Track structures; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053223
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D117/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM