OPTIMUM ADAPTATION OF THE CONVENTIONAL TRACK TO FUTURE TRAFFIC. A STUDY OF FACTORS INFLUENCING THE RESISTANCE TO TRANSVERSE DISPLACEMENT OF UNLOADED TRACK
This report contains a compilation of test results of major importance concerning the resistance to transverse displacement, the results having been obtained by eight railway administrations (SNCF, DB, BR, SJ, CSD, PKP, NS and SBB) during the past 15 years. The results given concern, without exception, the unloaded track, i.e. track not subject to loading by vehicles at the time of testing. Tables and diagrams are used to establish, and discuss, the parameters affecting the resistance to transverse displacement.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Ballast (Railroads); Inspection; Railroad tracks; Stability (Mechanics); Stabilized materials; Tests; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Track stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast stabilization; Question d117; Track component investigations; Track response investigations; Transverse acceleration
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053222
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D117/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM