TESTS WITH AUTOMATIC COUPLERS. UIC AUTOMATIC COUPLER - BASIC VERSION 1969E
This report briefly outlines the development and the chief features of the UIC basic version 1969e of the automatic coupler. It specifies the requirements it has to meet and also the differences between the first UIC and OSJD versions. It describes the manner of manufacture, the compatibility of the UIC type with the OSJD type and with the SA3 coupler and covers questions concerning the interchangeability of the UIC and OSJD couplers. The more important specifications are mentioned as are also the main regulations which covered the development and manufacture of the UIC basic version 1969e.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Design; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Question b51
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B51/RP 19/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM