MODERN SUSPENSION SYSTEM FOR TWO-AXLED WAGONS. PROGRESSIVE SUSPENSION FOR EXISTING TWO-AXLED WAGONS
The report describes a proposal for standardisation of a progressive axle suspension in the form of a parabolic spring with a length of 1400 mm. The results of comprehensive line and beach tests with different types of progressive axle suspensions are also given.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Freight cars; Riding qualities; Spring; Stability (Mechanics); Standardization; Suspension systems; Suspensions; Tests; Two axle cars; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Freight car design; Question b134; Riding stability
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B134/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM