STANDARDISATION OF POINTS AND CROSSINGS. TESTS ON EXISTING TURNOUTS OR THOSE EXPECIALLY DESIGNED AT THE PROPOSALS OF THE D121 SPECIALISTS COMMITTEE--INITIAL CONCLUSIONS
This report summarises the results of test runs on turnouts with speeds between 100 and 220 km/h on the diverging track. The tests were made by the FS, SBB, DR and SNCF. The results will permit specification of rail running face geometry for the switches negotiated, taking into account, in particular, their application in crossovers. Statements are also given concerning the running-in slope of check rails and the design of switch blade points in turnouts.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explantory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Frogs (Railroads); Rail (Railroads); Specifications; Standardization; Tests; Turnouts
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Schweizerische Bundesbahnen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d121; Rail geometry; Rail specifications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D121/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM