ELASTIC SYSTEM FOR TRACTION AND SHOCK GEAR (SIDE BUFFERS AND CENTER BUFFERS). SUPPLEMENTARY TESTS WITH LOAD-PROTECTING DEVICES
As suggested in the conclusions of report B 36/RP 10, buffing tests were carried out with wagons fitted with the automatic coupler and with the "Daberkow" system and also running tests with wagons with the screw coupling and side buffers and with "movable rigid partitions" and "Daberkow" systems. From the comparison of the results of the buffing tests with wagons equipped with the "Daberkow" system, it has been found that, as a result of the superposition of the displacement process produced by the coupling of wagons fitted with the automatic coupler, the stressing of load and wagon is greater than in the case of wagons equipped with the screw coupling. Running tests with wagons fitted with "movable rigid partitions" and "Daberkow" systems have shown that longitudinal and transverse displacements of the transported goods cannot be entirely avoided. The available information is completed by the evaluation of the results of previous tests (B 36/RP 10).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Freight cars; Occupant protection devices; Securing and joining equipment; Tests; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Nederlandse Spoorwegen
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Freight car design; Lading protection; Question b36; Screw coupling; Side buffers
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B36/RP 15/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM