AUTOMATIC WARNING OF TRACK MAINTENANCE GANGS. ENQUIRY REPORT ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF USING AND DESIGNING INDIVIDUAL WARNING DEVICES FOR STAFF WORKING IN THE TRACK DANGER AREA
The report contains the opinions given by the UIC member administrations in reply to the questions asked by the A 124 Specialists Committee concerning the suitability of using and designing individual warning devices for staff working in the track danger area. In this report, the replies are analysed regarding questions on studies made, general and technical details of the development, and studies still required for the use of individual warning devices. Conclusions which are based on the analysed replies of the railway administrations are drawn. In this connection, technical studies and those concerned with industrial psychology are referred to, and proceeding from current conditions, it is estimated what problems are expected to arise from the solution of the relevant technical requirements.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic equipment; Audible warning devices; Human factors; Maintenance of way; Maintenance personnel; Noise; Optical systems; Radio; Radio receivers; Radio transmitters; Safety; Surveys; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Railroad construction workers
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic warning systems; Optical warning systems; Question a124
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00053211
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A124/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM