RAILWAY NOISE. MEASUREMENT OF WHEEL/RAIL NOISE ON A ROLLER STAND: NOISE GENERATED BY VARIOUS BOGIE ELEMENTS AND ACOUSTIC INFLUENCE OF THE SIDE-SKIRTING OF THE VEHICLE BODY
This report indicates the share taken by various components of one each of earlier and modern types of Y 10 and Y 28 F bogies in the sound energy radiated to the environment. The basic results of the tests concerning the rolling noise were obtained from driving the axles concerned on a rolling rig. Under identical measurement conditions, the improvement obtain from the side-skirting of the vehicle body has been determined at varying levels above the running plane.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Measurement; Noise; Noise sources; Railroads; Sound level; Test procedures; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c137
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C137/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM