ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION BY THE RAILWAYS. PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED BY THE RAILWAY ADMINISTRATIONS IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
General outlook on the main aspects of the problem of environmental pollution. Assessment of the replies supplied by 27 administrations to an enquiry, asking which problems of environmental pollution by the railways are considered worth investigating on the international level. Summing up of similar problems confronting the American Railways. Conclusions, confirming the importance of obtaining full information about studies being performed on the subject and suggesting that ORE should launch an investigation on three of the problems proposed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Pollution; Questionnaires; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c143
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053209
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C143/RP 1/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM