INVESTIGATION OF BRIDGE DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS. TWIN-SPAN CONTINUOUS BRIDGE DECK. TESTS UNDER STATIC LOADS
A bridge deck consisting of four concrete-encased steel girders and forming two continuous spans each 19 m long was constructed in the laboratories of the CEBTP. This deck was first subjected to 2 million repeated load cycles corresponding to that supported in service by the centre support; this test was covered by report RP 5. The present report describes the static loading of the same deck until failure at the centre support. Incipient plasticising of the upper flange of the girder on the centre support occurred under a load corresponding to about twice the service load, and the concrete on the underside of the centre support was crushed under an applied load equivalent to about 3.3 times the service load.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Bridge design; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Girder bridges; Metal bridges; Static loads; Static tests; Steel bridges; Strain gages; Strain measurement; Stresses; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d123
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D123/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM