CALCULATION OF EQUIVALENT CONICITIES FOR THE S 1002 WHEEL PROFILE ON UIC 60 RAILS
At the request of the Director of ORE the BR calculation method has been used to determine the equivalent conicities for the S 1002 wheel profile on UIC 60 rails at various inclinations and track gauge. The results show that use of the standard wheel profile on rails laid at 1:20 may give rise to inadequate guidance. Inclinations of 1:30 and 1:40 give satisfactory conicities if track gauge is not less than 1,435 mm.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Hobbs, AEW
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Gage (Rails); Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Tests; Vehicle design; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Candidate Terms: Rail profiles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wheel profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Question dt54; Track gauge; Wheel design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT54/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM