BEHAVIOUR OF THE METAL OF RAILS AND WHEELS IN THE CONTACT ZONE. 1. RESIDUAL STRESSES IN RAILS (ADDITIONAL MEASUREMENTS), 2. CHECKING OF THE FATIGUE CRITERION PROPOSED BY MR DANG VAN (ADDITIONAL MEASUREMENTS), 3. RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN DYNAMIC WHEEL-LOAD AND WHEEL DIAMETER, 4. GENERAL CONCLUSIONS
Parts 1 and 2 of this report give the results of the additional measurements, which confirm the results previously obtained during the study of the residual stress field in rails and also the fatigue criterion proposed in report C 53/RP 7. Part 3 gives the relationship to be taken into account in the choice of permissible dynamic wheel-load as a function of the wheel diameter. Part 4 summarises the respective influences of the principal parameters connected with rail fatigue.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue tests; Rail (Railroads); Residual stress; Stresses; Structural tests; Wheel loads
- Identifier Terms: Polskie Koleje Panstwowe; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c53; Rail stress; Rail tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C53/RP 10/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM