ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION (VIENNA ARSENAL). TESTS MADE AT THE ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION IN THE YEAR 1974/75 (FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER, 1974 TO 31ST AUGUST, 1975)
This is the eighth annual report on the electronic test installation, set up in Vienna jointly by the Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) of the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Austrian Federal Research and Test Institute for data transmission and electronics questions relating to railway engineering. The work carried out in the year covered by the report focused on two subjects: The testing of a series of data transmission equipments submitted in response to a DB tender invitation, of which reports on 4 modem types and 2 d.c. data transmission instruments are presented here. Thus, the number of modem types included in the comparison tables and curves given in Appendix B has increased to 24. Secondly, the electronic test installation carried out work for ORE Committee A 103 on the question of transmission of information through the automatic coupler. Several weeks of tests with trains were carried out by the PKP and the SNCF. A summary of this work for A 103 is given in Section C of this report. As were the earlier reports, this report is confidential and available only to the ORE Member Administrations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 270 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Data communications; Electric circuits; Electronics; Modems; Telecommunications
- Identifier Terms: Polskie Koleje Panstwowe; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Data modems; Question az32; Trainlines
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053202
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ32/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM