HIGH POWER TRACTION CURRENT COLLECTION AT HIGH SPEED. HEATING AND LOAD CAPACITY OF THE OVERHEAD LINES UNDER CONTINUOUS LOADING
This report analyses heating of contact wire and catenary of an overhead line consisting of a contact wire of 100 sq mm copper and a catenary of 50 sq mm bronze, depending on the magnitude of the traction current and wind speed. Permissible traction currents as a function of time are given for some final temperature of the copper wire.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Electric power generation and transmission; Heating (Structures); Pantographs; Temperature; Temperature measurement; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Temperature distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection; Question a129
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A129/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM