APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. THYRISTOR CHOPPER CONTROL AND HARMONIC CURRENT IN TRACTION SUPPLY SYSTEMS
This report gives a theoretical study of the factors which determine the magnitude and frequency of a.c. current in the power rails for various conditions of d.c. chopper operation. The a.c. is produced by supply voltage ripple and d.c. chopper system harmonics, comparison tests having shown that in normal working the effect of voltage ripple outweighs chopper effects. The report also discusses the application of multi-phase choppers for the purpose of reducing the size of the input filter.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Choppers (Electricity); Electric power conditioning; Electromagnetic interference; Harmonics; Interference; Propulsion; Solid state devices; Thyristors; Vehicle power plants; Voltage regulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Chopper control; Choppers; Question a122; Solid state propulsion controls
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053198
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 19/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM