TRANSMISSION OF VIBRATIONS BY SUSPENSION ELEMENTS AND CONNECTION COMPONENTS WITH THE VEHICLE BODY. ANALYSIS OF THE TESTS MADE ON BEHALF OF THE B79 AND B96 COMMITTEES ON THE VITRY TEST-RIG AND ON THE TRACK FOR SPEEDS COMPRISED BETWEEN 0 AND 250 KM/H. (TEXT AND APPENDICES)
In this report a study is made of the oscillation paths from wheelsets to vehicle body. The relevant data were obtained during comparative tests carried out on 3 coaches belonging to different Administrations on the test-rig and on the track, for speeds comprised between 0 and 250 km/h. The introduction of parameters known as "transmission coefficients" (i.e. relationship between accelerations on the one hand and connecting system on the other) has enabled the various constructional arrangements of bodies and coaches to be compared, and the behavior of these to be analysed. The report clearly reveals the importance of the high internal damping rate of fitted bodies in the overall damping of the vibrations and also the predominant influence of the quality of the track with respect to wheelset faults (i.e. out-of-balance and out-of-roundness).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Dynamics; Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Vibration; Vibration tests; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b96
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053192
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B96/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM