STANDARDISATION OF TRANSCONTAINERS AND TRANSCONTAINER WAGONS. SPECIFICATION FOR TRANSCONTAINERS OF CATEGORY 40/8-ISO 1A. STANDARD DESIGN FOR NORMAL CLOSED CONTAINERS
The subject of the report - the specification - is limited, as far as statements are given, to the study and construction of ISO- transcontainer prototypes of the Railway Administrations and their subsidiairies. The technical requirements and the testing and acceptance conditions and also some general requirements given in the specification exceed the conditions laid down in the existing international prescriptions (ISO recommendations, UIC Leaflets).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Container on flat car; Containers; Design; Flat cars; Piggyback transportation; Specifications; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Question b112
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B112/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM