STANDARDISATION OF TRANSCONTAINERS AND TRANSCONTAINER WAGONS. STANDARDISATION OF TRANSCONTAINER WAGONS FOR LINER-TRAINS: WAGONS WITH TWO BOGIES AND WITH AN EFFECTIVE LOADING LENGTH OF 60 FT (18.400M). WAGONS WITH THREE BOGIES AND WITH AND EFFECTIVE LOADING LENGTH OF 80 FT (26.000M). STANDARDISATION OF LOCATING AND SECURING SYSTEMS
This report forms the continuation of Report B 112/RP 1 of April 1969. It describes in particular the result of the studies of ORE Specialists Committee B 112 concerning bogie-type transcontainer wagons for liner-trains and shows how a fundamental modification with regard to the loading-gauge permits the designing of transcontainer carrying wagons with normal buffing height, suitable for taking the automatic coupler. In the Report the characteristics of the two wagons are laid down: the transcontainer wagon with two bogies and with an effective loading length of 60ft (18.400 m), and the transcontainer wagon with three bogies and with an effective loading length of 80 ft (26.000 m) and proposes a locating and securing system using for the transcontainers, ISO and Sea-Land locating pins, the housing-sleeve of which can take either type of pin.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Container on flat car; Containerization; Containers; Couplers; Flat cars; Piggyback transportation; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Question b112
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053188
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B112/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM