STANDARDISATION OF TRANSCONTAINERS AND TRANSCONTAINER WAGONS. STANDARDISATION OF CORNER CASTINGS FOR TRANSCONTAINERS
The report contains specifications for corner castings, and drawings of them. For the definition of the standard design many points of view were considered, such as stocking, handling, stowing on means of transport, stresses and strains, shape, and manufacture. Sixteen organisations, the majority of them being railway administrations, contributed to the preparation of the report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Container on flat car; Containerization; Containers; Design; Flat cars; Piggyback transportation; Specifications; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Question b112
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B112/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM