STANDARDISATION OF TRANSCONTAINERS AND TRANSCONTAINER WAGONS. STUDIES OF THE COMMITTEE DURING 1968 IN CONNECTION WITH THE STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS AND THEIR LOCATING AND SECURING SYSTEMS
This report gives a survey of the various documents which may be of importance for the further development which may be of importance for the further development of transcontainer wagons. In view of the short time having elapsed between the actual start of the studies and the research still in progress concerning the definition proper of certain special features of the conveyance, the present report does not contain entirely exhaustive and definite solutions. However, in view of the urgency of this question and the fact that some Administrations would seem to intend building such wagons at more or less short notice, the committee has thought it appropriate to summarize and to publish the results of its studies so far. The technical considerations resulting from this could thus lead to a closer correlation between the studies and designs now being made and the standard solutions, which will certainly not be available for some time.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Container on flat car; Containerization; Containers; Design; Flat cars; Piggyback transportation; Standardization; Vehicle frames
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Question b112; Underframes
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053186
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B112/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM