INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION FOR THE RECEPTION OF LARGE SHIPS
The report presents a review of the literature and discusses methods for analyzing wind, wave and swell data to estimate on an annual basis the number of days, and the maximum duration of periods during which port and ship operations will be impeded by these elements.
- Annex to Vol. 1, No. 32. See MRIS 15 311507.
Permanent International Association of Navigation Congresses155 rue de la Loi
1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- Volume: 1
- Issue Number: 32
- TRT Terms: Coast and river protective works; Electromagnetic spectrum; Flood protection; Force; Marine terminals; Mathematical models; Mooring; Moorings; Navigation; Port operations; Port structures; Ports; Seas; Ships; Storms; Water waves; Waves; Weather; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wave forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological parameters; Moored vessels; Port storm protection; Sea spectra; Wave effects; Wind factors
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00311508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM