REEFER TRANSPORT ACROSS THE GLOBE
A consignment of packaged frozen meat is traced from its point of loading in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia to its unloading at the Frigoscandia cold store at Stratford London. The author describes the preparation and processing of the reefer container used. This covers its steam cleaning at the OCL depot at Chullora, its loading at the cold store and transfer to the White Bay container terminal at Sydney where it was stowed on the Hapag Lloyd vessel, Melbourne Express. The account is resumed in London with the arrival of the vessel at Tilbury and the container's subsequent transfer to Stratford. The article includes details of the processes involved at the cold stores and methods of maintaining the consignment at a constant temperature at each stage of the voyage.
- Copies of original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 1.50 pounds to members and 3.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
Shennen Publishing and Publicity Company64 Kippax Street
Surry Hills, New South Wales 2010, Australia
- Brooks, S
- MILLAR, A
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Containers; Freight transportation; Frozen cargo; Meat; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigeration (Structures); Refrigeration systems; Stowage; Temperature control (Structures); Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo temperature control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00311478
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM