NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR GUIDED TRANSPORT SYSTEMS. UP-TO-DATE DESCRIPTION OF THE STATE OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, MAJOR PARAMETERS FOR OPERATIONAL UNCONVENTIONAL HIGH SPEED TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
The report gives an up-to-date account of the estate of research and development in the field on non-conventional high speed transport systems in the USA, in Japan and Europe and attempts to give a forecast of practical applications expected in this field in the near and more distant future. In continuation of the work described in RP 1 further parameters for the high speed application of magnetic levitation systems were calculated with the SYSMAG computer model; the model was extended to permit calculation of data for synchronous linear motor propulsion with the active part in the track.
- This report is only intended for internal use by ORE Member Administrations.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Magnetic levitation; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Research; Technology; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Identifier Terms: Nihon kokuyu tetsudo
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Geographic Terms: France; Germany; Italy; Japan; United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Question c135; Tracked air cushion research vehicle; Unconventional technology
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00053182
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C135/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM