REPORT ON FORK TRUCK HIRE
The author of the first article examines the increase in the delivery of leased equipment to industry in the United Kingdom in 1978 and quotes the comments of directors of various companies in the forklift truck hiring/leasing business. Reasons put forward for the upsurge in the hire of lift trucks include tax benefits, the general economic situation and the special types of agreements now being offered which include part replacement, a full maintenance contract, supply of tyres etc. In the second article the author considers the findings of a survey on forklift usage in the United States and suggests that a great opportunity exists for increasing efficiency and reducing costs. He examines material handling costs (with a table showing these in percentage terms) and lists suggestions for improving equipment utilisation (with an accompanying graph). Factors relevant to decreasing downtime are discussed: short and long-term rental systems are defined with a review of the flexibility they offer. A further graph shows profits lost because of investment tied up in materials-handling equipment. The third part of this report is devoted to a two page chart of suppliers of lift trucks, giving their names, headquarters location, areas of operation, range of counterbalanced forklift trucks and other types of truck available.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00392154
- The authors and titles of the above three articles are as follows: Hardwick, J. Where Would You Be Now Without Your Hired Lift Trucks; Willems, JB. Getting More Work At Lower Cost; Where Can I Rent A...? Copies of original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 1.50 pounds to members and 3.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
Turret Press Limited4 Local Board Road
Watford, Herts WD1 2JS, England
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Storage Handling Distribution
- Publisher: Turrett Press Limited
- ISSN: 0039-2154
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Costs; Equipment leasing; Fork lifts; Lifting equipment
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00311470
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM