FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. FATIGUE TESTING OF BOX BEAM SLICES
Short slices were cut from box beams and tested in fatigue to give transverse stressing equivalent to eccentric loading of the beams. Results confirmed that no premature failure in transverse bending at the welds was likely with 80 mm offset of loading in the main tests.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bend tests; Bridge design; Bridges; Fatigue tests; Measuring instruments; Strain gages; Stresses; Structural design; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bending tests; Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d130
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053180
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 130/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM