STANDARDISATION OF LARGE CONTAINERS AND CONTAINER WAGONS. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR INTERMEDIATE PIECES FOR USE IN THE CARRIAGE OF TWO STACKED LOW-HEIGHT CONTAINERS
In the present report conditions are defined, which must be fulfilled, if the carriage by rail of two stacked low-height containers is to be approved. Especially detailed consideration is devoted to the acceptance conditions for the intermediate pieces to be used. By reference to strength tests the report shows the feasibility of producing such intermediate pieces. In conclusion, the report gives recommendation for the carriage of low-height stacked containers in service.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Design; Specifications; Standardization; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Question b112
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053179
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 112/RP 14/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM