SPEED CONTROL ON LOCAL STREETS
This paper considers a number of devices for controlling speeds on local streets. Specifically, attention is drawn to two particular device types not widely used in western Australia. A brief outline is given of the use of roundabouts in local streets, the main aim being not a comprehensive treatise but an indication of the body of information and technology growing up around their use in Australia. The Australian Road Research Board has recently been involved in considerable work associated with the possible on-road use of road humps. An outline of relevant overseas work is given, together with details of recent off-road testing carried out by the board. On the basis of these tests it is expected that trials will be initiated on Australian public roads in the near future, and it is noted that the associated 'before' studies have already been commenced (a). (TRRL)
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869103539
- Australian Road Research Board Regional Symposium, 17th, Perth, W.A., 1979.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- JARVIS, J R
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 117-150
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 0005-0164
- TRT Terms: Beltways; Conferences; Highways; Loaders; Raised road markings; Residential areas; Roundabouts; Speed; Speed control; Tests
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Raised pavements
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 8525: Conference; 2755: Highway; 307: Residential area; 551: Road stud; 438: Roundabout; 5408: Speed; 6255: Test
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00311375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0 86910 353 9
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM