INTERACTION BETWEEN VEHICLES AND TRACK, GEOMETRY OF THE CONTACT BETWEEN WHEELSET AND TRACK. PART 2: EQUIVALENT CONICITY VALUES FOR WHEELSETS IN SERVICE
Measurements have been taken of wheel and rail cross- sectional profiles on SNCF, NS, DB and BR using the BR measuring apparatus. The values of the profile co-ordinates were used to calculate the rolling radius difference graphs and linearised equivalent conicities; these first results are presented and discussed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Measuring instruments; Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Train track dynamics; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Candidate Terms: Rail profiles
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wheel profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c116
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053177
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 116/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM