NON-CONVENTIONAL TRACK. REPORT ON THE EXPERIMENTAL SLAB TRACK IN OELDE STATION. CONSTRUCTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS AND MEASUREMENTS
This report describes installation of slab track at Oelde where there is opportunity of high speed running, and experience since the end of 1972. Two types of rail fasteners were used and the slab was laid on a styropor concrete bed providing thermal insulation and load distribution. Details of design are described and measurements reported showing strains and geometrical condition of the track.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete slab track; High speed track; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Test tracks; Track laying; Unconventional track
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track design; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d87; Track tests
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053176
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 87/RP 13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM