TRANSPORTATION PLANNING FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED COMMUNITIES. PROCEEDINGS OF A WORKSHOP
The proceedings are reported of a conference that was convened to provide for the exchange of experiences among practitioners of transportation planning for cities of fewer than 200,000 people, to provide guidance for transportation policies and programs, to foster the development of future activities in this area, and to provide a document that will reflect the proceedings of the conference and serve as a basic resource for practitioners, administrators, and policymakers. Forty four papers were presented in five areas: transit operations planning; traffic planning and operations, surveillance and socioeconomic forecasting, and systems planning and plan implementation. The keynote address was on the federal perspective of planning for transportation in small and medium-sized communities which set the theme for the conference. Papers concerning the products of the transportation planning process from the state perspective and the appropriate level of planning effort in smaller cities provided the impetus for the workshops. The latter began by considering issues and levels of effort pertinent to the functional workshop area. Resource papers aided workshop delibrations. The second half of the conference was allocated to workshop activities on techniques. Plenary sessions followed each workshop session.
- Digital Copy:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0360859X
- Proceedings of a workshop sponsored by UMTA and FHWA and conducted by TRB, 3-6 December 1978, Sarasota, Florida. For individual papers see HRIS 311202-311244.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Workshop on Transportation Planning for Small and Medium-Sized Communities
- Location: Sarasota Florida, United States
- Date: 1978-12-3 to 1978-12-6
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- Transportation Research Board Special Report
- Issue Number: 187
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0360-859X
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Forecasting; Highway planning; Implementation; Medium sized cities; Public transit; Small cities; Socioeconomic factors; State government; Traffic; Traffic surveillance; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Workshops
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00311201
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM