INVESTIGATION OF BRIDGE DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS. TWIN SPAN CONTINUOUS BRIDGE-DECK. TESTS UNDER DYNAMIC LOADS. PART A-TEST. PART B-TABLES AND FIGURES
During the first series of tests, described in this report, both spans were simultaneously subjected to 2,000 cycles of loading, corresponding to that encountered in service by the centre support. Resistance wire and vibrating wire strain-gauges for measuring deflections, cracks and local strains, had shown that the latter stabilized quite rapidly and that the concrete participated to some extent in tension zones.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bridge decks; Bridge engineering; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Dynamic tests; Equipment tests; Girder bridges; Structural tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Question d123; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D123/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM