WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES: DESIGN MAINTENANCE AND STANDARDISATION. STANDARDISATION OF WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES FOR WAGONS EQUIPPED WITH 1000 MM DIAMETER WHEELS
The wheelset with assembled axlebox and fitted with 1000 mm wheels has been designed: for taking 22 t axleloads; to be interchangeable with existing UIC wheelsets, and for use with two-axled wagons and possibly bogied wagons. It has: a short journal, and a solid rim-sprayed wheel without offset and with curved web. The recommendations of ORE Committees B95 (RP 3 and RP 4), B98 (RP 9) and S 1002 (RP 2) are applicable to this standardised wheelset. The wheelset axle is the same as that recommended in B136/RP 1 for wagons with 920 mm phi wheels.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Finite element method; Railroad cars; Roller bearings; Standardization; Stresses; Vehicle design; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b136; Wheel design; Wheel stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B136/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM