BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES AND INTERACTION BETWEEN TRACK AND STRUCTURE, BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES, ACCUMULATED RESULTS
The report gives a proposal for a UIC leaflet concerning braking and starting forces on bridges. Theoretical models are used to extend the earlier bridge test results to a range of span of 0 to 100 m. The results apply basically to single span ballasted steel bridges. Coefficients are suggested for calculating braking and starting forces.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Braking; Braking performance; Bridges; Friction; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d101
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053158
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D101/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM