2ND GENERATION FOR FEC'S "RED BOX"
Florida East Coast is utilizing a new type of air pressure sentry system for its caboose-less trains. The electronic unit, attached to the air hose of the last car, monitors excessive brake-pipe pressure changes and indicates the integrity of the train by means of a coded tone signal on the railroad's end-to-end train radio frequency.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 87
- TRT Terms: Air pressure; Brake components; Cabooses; Leakage; Monitoring; Radio; Railroad trains; Train crews
- Identifier Terms: Florida East Coast Railway
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake pipe leakage; Train crew requirements; Train radio
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00311010
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1980 12:00AM