ELECTRONIC TESTS INSTALLATION (VIENNA ARSENAL). TESTS MADE AT THE ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION IN THE YEAR 1973/74 (FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER 1973 TO 31ST AUGUST 1974)
This is the seventh annual report on the electronic test installation, set up in Vienna Jointly by the Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) of the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Austrian Federal Research and Test Institute for data transmission and electronics questions relating to railway engineering. The work carried out in the year covered by the report focused on two subjects: The testing of a series of data transmission equipment (MODEMS), of which reports on 4 types are presented here. Thus, the number of modem types included in the comparison tables and curves given in Appendix B has increased to 20. On the question of transmission of information through the automatic coupler, tests with equipped trains were carried out by the FS and the DB for the committee A 103. A summary of this work is contained in the report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Data communications; Equipment tests; Modems; Test facilities
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Data modems; Question az32; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ32/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM