CONTINUOUS MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL OF THE SPEED OF WAGONS SHUNTED OVER HUMPS. THE POTENTIAL CAPACITY OF VARIOUS TYPES OF AUTOMATIC HUMPING SYSTEMS. (PART 1)
Hump Marshalling Yards vary so widely in size and technique that it is impossible to gain any valid comparison of the capacity unless common parameters are applied. In this report, such values have been used to assess the capacities of 3 automatic systems, namely: (a) the system developed by the DB using primary and sorting siding retarder and booster units; (b) the system theoretically studied by the DR using 3 retarder stages; (c) the Dowty system developed by BR.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Classification yards; Gravity switching; Hump yards; Railroad yards; Yard operations
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Old TRIS Terms: Humping; Humping speed; Question d74; Yard automatic control
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D74/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM