STANDARDISATION OF PASSENGER COACHES. DESIGN OF PASSENGER ACCOMMODATION
This report contains the information provided by some ORE member administrations concerning the design of the passenger accommodation of coaches used in long-distance and international services. It deals in particular with: arrangement of the passenger accommodation, inner lining of the body frame, structure of the walls between compartments and between compartments and corridor, structure of the inside doors, structure of the floor, fitting of the windows, arrangement of the heating pipes, arrangement of the seats. The report also contains some general details about the vehicles, such as: maximum speed, service life, material used for the framework, types of bogies, number of vehicles built, weight of the main components of the vehicles, etc.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Passenger cars; Service life; Standardization; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Passenger car design; Question b106
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053140
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B106/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM