TRANSMISSION OF VIBRATIONS BY SUSPENSION ELEMENTS AND CONNECTION COMPONENTS WITH THE VEHICLE BODY. ANALYSIS OF THE TESTS MADE ON BEHALF OF THE B79 COMMITTEE ON THE MINDEN TEST RIG AND ON THE TRACK
Tests were carried out in 1965 and 1966 on the Minden (Westphalie) test-rig and on the track (DB) on behalf of the ORE B 79 Committee so as to enable the permissible out-of-roundness and out-of-balance values for passenger coaches to be determined for speeds between 0 to 150 km/h. In re-analysing the recording made during the tests, the B 96 Committee has been able to obtain qualitative information and, in particular, has been able to show the influence of the design and of the characteristics of the connecting and supporting elements between vehicle body and bogie frame. The analysis has shown the need for carrying out tests with combined excitation of out-of- roundness and out-of-balance, and for tests on the track. Moreover, it has made it possible to predict the nature and accuracy of the measurements to be made during future tests (Vitry-sur-Seine test-rig for vehicle suspensions).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Eccentricity; Equipment tests; Measuring instruments; Tests; Wear; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b96; Test equipment; Wheel balance; Wheel defects
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053138
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B96/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM