HEAT TRANSMISSION PHENOMENA IN REFRIGERATOR WAGONS. RECOMMENDED METHOD FOR THE MEASUREMENT OF THE K VALUE OF REFRIGERATOR WAGONS
In 1962, the B77 Specialists Committee drew up a Programme of Work, visualizing three series of tests to be conducted in the Vienna-Arsenal testing station and at the Experimental Institute in Rome. The object of these tests was to compare the methods applying internal heating and internal cooling, while determining for each of these the influence of the fundamental parameters involved in the measurement of the coefficient K. The first Interim Report dated June 1964 described various methods used for measuring the heat transfer coefficient K of insulated and refrigerator vans and explains, on one hand, the maximum error committed in the measurement of this coefficient according to the method used and, on the other hand, the difficulties presented by the method of inner cooling, recommended by the ECE due to certain advantages which cannot yet be defined in a precise manner. With this in mind, the second Interim Report, (this report) describes the method which is considered the most practical, for measuring with sufficient accuracy the coefficient K of insulated and refrigerator vans by the method of inner cooling. It deals with three methods used for measuring the heat transmission coefficient K of insulated and refrigerator vans by the method of inner cooling and describes the precautions that must be taken in each case. The method of the cooling group placed inside the van is recommended as the best method because it is the most practical and the most accurate.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Electric insulating materials; Heat transfer; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Insulating materials; Measuring instruments; Refrigeration (Structures); Refrigerator cars; Tests
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria); Ferrovie dello Stato
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b77
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053133
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B77/RP 2/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM