STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. CONVERSION OF STANDARD WAGON UNDERFRAMES SO AS TO MAKE THEM SUITABLE FOR SUBSEQUENTLY TAKING THE AUTOMATIC BUFFING AND DRAW COUPLER
With a view to the future application of automatic coupler components on standard wagons and in order to avoid multiplication of the studies concerning the conversions to be made to the underframe, the ORE/B 12 Specialists Committee has examined different solutions already known by several Administrations and to which the attention of the Committee had been drawn. The present report: gives an account of the experimental application of various systems and contains a qualitative assessment concerning each of these (Chapter 2 and Appendix 1); gives the results of the mechanical strength tests to which the converted wagons have been submitted (Chaper 3 and Appendix 2), and formulates recommendations for ensuring the correct positioning and mounting of the prefabricated elements used and for ensuring a satisfactory connection of these with the remaining structures of the underframes to be converted.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Standardization; Vehicle frames
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Question b12; Underframes
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 18/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM