STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. STANDARDISATION OF THE AIR-BRAKE RIGGING OF STANDARD WAGONS
This report describes the progress made in the work of standardising the articulations of brake rigging. Standardised dimensions and tolerances are fixed for: the pins and holes, the thickness of the central equalizing lever and of the connecting rod holders. The minimum strength of the material used for the rods and the equalizing levers has also been stipulated. Allowance has furthermore been made for the possible increase in axle loads (at present being examined by UIC) on both S and SS services.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Brakes; Components; Design; Standardization; Two axle trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Braking systems; Component design; Question b12
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 16/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM